Minetest is an infinite-world block sandbox game and a game engine, inspired by InfiniMiner, Minecraft and the like. It has been in development and use since October 2010.
Minetest is developed by a random bunch of lunatics.
Minetest is designed to be simple, stable and portable. It is lightweight enough to run on fairly old hardware. It currently runs playably on a laptop with Intel 945GM graphics. Though, as for the CPU, dualcore is recommended.
- Walk around, dig and build in an infinite voxel world, and craft stuff from raw materials to help you along the way.
- Simplistic Modding API that supports many kinds of additions and modifications to the game.
- Multiplayer support for tens of players, via servers hosted by users.
- Voxel based lighting with gameplay consequences (light caves and buildings with torches)
- Almost infinite world and a beautiful map generator.
- Runs natively on Windows, Linux, OS X and FreeBSD.
- Supports multiple languages, translated by the community.
Take a look at some screenshots on our forums.